We all struggle with this time of year… colds and flu! Most of us work in an office environment and chances of colds and flu spreading is good. Here are a few tips to help everyone.
- Drink hot black or greentea with lemon and honey. Drinking the tea and breathing in steam stimulates the hair follicles in the nose—to move out germs more efficiently. Lemon thins mucus, and honey is antibacterial.
- Get enough protein, research shows that diets that are too low inprotein can make the immune system weak. Make sure to get protein-rich foods throughout the day, especially fish, eggs and yogurt.
- Be careful of germs at shopping centres and gym’s they are crawling with germs – always wash your hands frequently and sanitise your work space.
- When walking past another person and he/she is sneezing or coughing, slowly breathe out until you are away from the person.
- Get lots of Zinc in your system.
- Instead of drinking lots of water try orange juice with vitamin C.
- Overload your body with veggies and fruits.
- Sweat a bit – go for a run or do a bit of yoga to sweat out all the germs and toxins.
- Be careful what you touch and try not to eat from another person’s cutlery or drink from the same glass or bottle.
- Get as much rest as possible and relax a bit.
These days we all have a busy schedule and it is difficult to keep healthy but prevention is always better than cure.