An ideal benefit option offering additional peace of mind for Cancer cover, especially where your medical aid has limited cover.
Monthly premium (family/individual) (2016 Rates)
MONTHLY PREMIUM | R212
- Covers up to 500% of the medical aid rate. Unlimited overall annual limit
- Cancer cover of R200 000 per diagnosis, per insured (R200 000 excess)
- Biological Cancer Drug cover of R200 000 per diagnosis, per insured (R200 000 excess) (See list of Biological Cancer Drugs)
- Travel Cover of R5 000 000 per insured with an option to buy up
Maxmimum entry age is 65 years next birthday
BIOLOGICAL CANCER DRUGS
The lists below provide the cancer types that may require treatment through the use of a biological cancer drug and the associated biological cancer drug covered under ProCancer-Care.
SPECIFIC CANCER CATEGORIES
|HER 2 + Breast Cancer||Acute myeloid leukaemia|
|Advanced hepatocellular carcinoma||Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia|
|Chronic myeloid leukaemia||Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia|
|Hairy cell leukaemia||Myelodysplasia|
|HER -ve breast cancer||Gastrointestinal stromal tumour|
|Multiple myeloma||Non-small cell lung cancer|
|Non-hodgkins lymphoma||Metastatic colorectal cancer|
|Advanced renal cell carcinoma||Head and neck cancer|
LIST OF DRUGS
- A 3-month general waiting period applies to all benefits, with exception of benefits providing cover up to 500% should the commencement of the policy be in line with the commencement date of the medical scheme
- A 9-month waiting period on pregnancy/childbirth
- A 12-month waiting period on: hysterectomy (except where malignancy can be proven), hysteroscopies and endometrial ablations; muscular-skeletal (except in the event of an accident); tonsillectomy, grommets, adenoids, wisdom teeth and treatment or surgery for a hernia (except as a result of emergency surgery)
- No benefits shall be payable for an insured event for which the Insured person received treatment or advice 12 (twelve) months prior to becoming an insured person. This exclusion only applies to the first 12 (twelve) months of an Insured persons cover
- Lifetime exclusion for pre-diagnosed cancer on all cancer benefits
Underwritten by Constantia Insurance Company Limited.
The purpose of this product description is to provide a brief overview of Turnberry’s products. In the event of any dispute the terms and conditions as stated in the client’s policy document issued by Turnberry shall prevail.
This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not equivalent to that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.