What is home care?
Home care offers you quality home-based aftercare services in the comfort of your own home. Making use of these services, members receives care from a qualified caregiver and will be continuing living in their familiar surroundings of their homes, despite their condition.
This is an accredited service provide that gives high-quality service to members provided by professional nurses and qualified caregivers, who received additional training.
Home care can be used for the following reasons:
- End of life care
- IV drips or infusions
- Wound care
- Postnatal care
These treatments will be covered from your day to day benefits or compassionate care benefit. Some treatments will be covered from hospitalisation.
How to apply for these services?
- Discuss with your treating doctor.
- Doctor must provide a motivational letter – which must be submitted to your medical scheme to the medical advisor to investigate.
What is the benefit of these type of services?
- Patients don’t have to travel to a facility to receive these type of treatments.
- You get an accredited nurse or caregiver to take care of you in your home.
- Prevention of hospitalisations and shortening of days in hospital.
- Some treatment can be rendered in your home without being admitted into hospital.