An exciting new benefit offering to enhance your medical scheme cover, which covers the majority of the shortfall you could incur whilst in hospital.
Monthly premium (family/individual) (2016 Rates)
MONTHLY PREMIUM | R229
- Covers up to 500% of the medical aid rate. Unlimited overall annual limit
- Co-payment cover of R20 000 per admission per insured, including co-payments for MRI, CT and PET scans done out of hospital. Unlimited overall annual limit
- Sub-limit cover of R10 000 per admission per insured. Unlimited overall annual limit
- Prostate and breast cancer, a once off payment of R10 000 for first diagnosis
- Casualty benefit for treatment at a hospital out-patient emergency facility (accidents only) limited to R7 500 per event per insured. Unlimited overall annual limit
- Personal Accident benefit of R20 000 per insured on the policy, covers death and permanent and total disability
- Travel Cover of R5 000 000 per insured with an option to buy up
Maximum entry age is 65 years next birthday
- A 3-month general waiting period applies to all benefits, with exception of benefits providing cover up to 500% should the commencement of the policy be in line with the commencement date of the medical scheme
- A 9-month waiting period on pregnancy/childbirth
- A 12-month waiting period on: hysterectomy (except where malignancy can be proven), hysteroscopies and endometrial ablations; muscular-skeletal (except in the event of an accident); tonsillectomy, grommets, adenoids, wisdom teeth and treatment or surgery for a hernia (except as a result of emergency surgery)
- No benefits shall be payable for an insured event for which the Insured person received treatment or advice 12 (twelve) months prior to becoming an insured person. This exclusion only applies to the first 12 (twelve) months of an Insured persons cover
- Lifetime exclusion for pre-diagnosed cancer on all cancer benefits
Underwritten by Constantia Insurance Company Limited.
The purpose of this product description is to provide a brief overview of Turnberry’s products. In the event of any dispute the terms and conditions as stated in the client’s policy document issued by Turnberry shall prevail.
This is not a medical scheme and the cover is not equivalent to that of a medical scheme. This policy is not a substitute for medical scheme membership.