CompCare Wellness Medical Scheme (‘CompCare Wellness’) was formed on 1 January 2008 as the result of a merger of CompCare Medical Scheme, CIMAS Wellness Medical Scheme and Lifemed Medical Scheme
In July 2015 CompCare Wellness Medical Scheme Became the first open medical scheme to be awarded the Titanium Award for Service Excellence to members by the Board of Healthcare Funders.
CompCare continued their tradition of excellence by receiving an “A” rating from the Global Credit Ratings Company (GCR). They were furthermore acknowledged for being one of the fastest growing open medical schemes in South Africa in the Annual Report of the Council for Medical Schemes.
The exceptional wellness and preventative benefits will continue unabated in 2016 and the unique exercise prescription while healthy eating benefits have been expanded to include a fitness assessment as well as a nutritional assessment for pregnant women.
CompCare Offers an emotional wellness benefit that has been enhanced for 2016 to include three face to face counselling sessions’ practitioners who will assist members with all major traumas such as loss of a limb, etc.
Good reasons why CompCare Wellness is the right scheme for you:
- An excellent track record spanning more than three decades
- Something for everyone with a range of diverse products to choose from
- Sound financial management as attested by our excellent reserve levels
- You pay only for the first three child dependants – the rest are free!
- Pay child dependant rates for students up to the age of 27
- Unlimited oncology benefits
- Unlimited Prescribed Minimum Benefits in private facilities
- Unlimited general practitioner benefits on the majority of our Options
- Unlimited basic dentistry benefits on most options
- Free access to a lifestyle and wellness programme unlike any other
Managed Care Initiatives:
- Chronic medication pre-authorisation
- Hospital utilisation management
- Disease management
- Pathology management
- Specialised dentistry management
- Trauma expense recovery
- Emergency Evacuation
- Medical advice, information and assistance
- Fraud detection